Residential Services Manager
Blairlogie Living & Learning is a not for profit organisation providing supports to people living with a disability in Outer South East Melbourne. We currently have a brand new opportunity for a residential specialist to join our management team. Blairlogie services are in high demand and in a rapid growth stage.
Our vision at Blairlogie is to be the preeminent community based provider of holistic quality support and services to people living with a disability.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity. Blairlogie is a registered provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). The organisation provides a range of services and supports to people aged between 5 and 65 years, including therapy supports.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative leader in Residential Services, who is passionate about supporting people with disabilities to reach their full potential and lead independent lives.
We are a new provider in the accommodation space and currently have 16 residential units located on 2 sites and a respite house with more opening in 2019 and beyond.
This position will report directly to the CEO and be part of the executive management team at Blairlogie.
You will have recent and extensive experience managing and leading accommodation services for people with a disability.
You will be able to adapt to the different models of service we are delivering, with the potential to innovate new models.
You will have the proven ability to lead and coordinate staff and service strategies in functional areas with a hands on management style.
You will be a big picture thinker but able to work in the detail as well.
Key Selection Criteria
Applicants will need to provide written evidence that they meet the following: To succeed in this role you will need to:
1. Diploma in Community Services (Or Equivalent)
2. Qualifications in disability work or relevant field, or suitable experience in other related fields
3. 5 years or more recent experience in managing a cluster of accommodation / residential services
4. Highly developed communication, interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with people from all backgrounds.
5. Experience working within budget allocations and rostering of staff for 24/7 support
6. Value people with disabilities, has empathy and cultural awareness.
7. Ability to lead, establish, manage and build positive working relationships with staff, clients and other stakeholders.
8. Quality outcome focussed
9. Extensive knowledge and working experience of NDIS including principles, services, quality safe guarding, rights, responsibilities and pricing guide etc.
10.Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
11.Strong planning skills including sound time management skills
12.Experience in providing support and advice to staff with managing behaviours of concern.
13.Ability to respond to client needs and promptly follow through on inquiries, requests and complaints.
14.Policy skills: Understands the purpose of policies, ability to use and create operational policies to guide their work and the work of others.
15.Experience in managing complex behaviours, support and reporting requirements
16.Must possess a Victorian Drivers License and vehicle.
Applications should include a cover letter that addresses the key selection criteria and a current resume.
You can access the position description from our website www.blairlogie.org
Successful applicants will be required to undergo safety screening, including Police Check’s, Victorian Working with Children Check, Reference Checks, Disability Worker Exclusion List and signing of Victoria’s Code of Conduct for Disability Service Workers.
Enquiries regarding the position can be directed to Sandra Shaw Ph 5978 7900.
Please apply via email to email@example.com. Applications close on Sunday the 17th March 2019.
Download a copy of Position Description>>Residential Services Manager PD